The corks of wines currently seen on the market are generally made of oak bark. Cork stoppers are widely used in the wine industry due to their elasticity and impermeability to water and air. Even if the function of cork stopper is very good, in the process of storage, it will bring some phenomena that ordinary consumers cannot understand, such as the situation of cork stopper mold. Under normal circumstances, the mold growth environment needs a certain humidity, and the humidity of the wine cellar will be maintained between 50%-75%, and the humidity suitable for mold growth is 50%. It can be seen that the humidity of red wine aging is very close to the humidity of mold growth. When storing wine in such a high-humidity environment, it is inevitable that the wine cork will become moldy.
If you buy a bottle of wine with a moldy cork, don't worry about it. You can wipe it clean with a damp cloth, and then pour it out for a taste. You can sober for 10-15 minutes before drinking. If there is a bad smell, the wine may be bad. If the aroma is normal, then there is no problem with the wine.